Curro Academy Mahikeng has a position available for a Head of Boarding School
We are looking for a passionate educator, with a solid track record of success in boarding and academic tutoring. Experience of working with international boarders in a boarding house would be an advantage. The successful appointee will have a deep commitment to the welfare of young people and an interest in the holistic nature of boarding education. They will be able to exercise authority, possess great empathy and show students by example how to achieve a successful balance between work and recreation. They will exhibit a calm, friendly and professional approach in their communications with all stakeholders. A commitment to evening and weekend work is an essential part of this role.
To lead the team of boarding staff and be responsible for the following:
- Ensure the School’s compliance with the regulatory requirements of all legislation and to liaise with the Executive Head in preparation and running of boarding inspections.
- Be familiar with, and develop further, a working knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Ensure records relating to the whereabouts of boarders are accurate and up to date,
- Be a visible and active presence in the boarding community and houses in order to develop a relationship with all boarders.
- The appointment, work and welfare of those members of staff.
- The organisation and development of the boarding house, both day to day running and long term strategy.
- Monitoring and maintaining the welfare, safety, discipline and pastoral well-being of all boarding pupils.
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with parents and guardians of boarders.
- Ensuring good communication between the boarding community and the rest of the school.
- A clear criminal record is essential
- Personal commitment to Christian education and a willingness to contribute to the values and ethos of the School is essential