STADIO SCHOOL of Education has a 4 MONTH CONTRACT position available for a Debtors Clerk (Temp)
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
NO TELEPHONIC ENQUIRIES will be entertained.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Embury reserves the right to not fill this position.
Key Skills / Requirements
Roles and responsibilities
- Communication with customers (students, corporate clients) and other stakeholders within the organisation.
- Preparation and processing of invoices and accounts receivable statements for student and corporate clients.
- Analysis and reporting on key accounts receivable metrics to campus and head office leadership.
- Collection from overdue customers (students, corporate clients) including directly contacting customers with outstanding accounts and maintenance of all correspondence.
- Maintenance of debit order collection mandate, including variations during the year
- Daily processing of bank statements, including allocation of customer payments to customer accounts and creditor payments to supplier.
- Daily, weekly and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Daily responsibility for all petty cash functions, including processing transactions, daily cash count and petty cash reconciliations as well as banking of surplus petty cash.
- Weekly and monthly review and reconciliation of intercompany and interbranch loan accounts, including liaising with counterparties and processing outstanding transactions.
- Any other reasonable action which may be required to support campus management from time to time as needed
- 2-3 years working experience as a debtor’s clerk, inclusive of debt collection
- solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- experience in operating/compiling spreadsheets, data analysis and report writing and
- experience in the use of Evolution accounting software (preferred not required)
Required skills and behaviours
- +2 years working experience as a debtor’s clerk, inclusive of debt collection
- capable of handling work pressure and meeting deadlines
- accurate and meticulous
- committed to producing quality work.
- proven ability to identify issues and initiate corrective action
- problem solving skills
- sound verbal and written communication skills
- able to work within a team with a strong personality